Thursday, December 6, 2012

Ornamental Dylusions Christmas

Howdy Candies…So I’m completely smitten over some gorgeous shares lately & I would say they are just stunning Eye Candy heARTistry!  I’m very certain that you will find them to be too!  Along my journey I decided that I wanted to dibble a bit and combine a plethora of products together to create some ornaments that I’m in a swap for & admittedly I also wanted to join in this months Inspiration Emporiums “Joyful Creations” challenge.  I will say that I’ve officially incurred the “Dylusionsenal Syndrome”…Warning: The voices in my head say there is no cure!   Of course it’s no wonder that I’m experiencing an Ornamental Dylusions Christmas lately. 

Whilst I’m inspired by the lovely shares from the Design Team at IE, I’ve also seen many handmade Christmas Cheer along the way from those I admire deeply & personally follow along in the Blogosphere.  They are more then just Designers but heARTists that truly create to share their love of the crafts as much as I do.  Along my journey this past year they have also become Friends!  I’m so excited to share some of their heARTistry with you in what is dubbed “Blogworthy Eye Candy!”  I’m so thankful to them as their inspiration touched my heART & they are some of the most amazingly generous souls I know.  So Stay TUNED for the end of this post for a list of my Favorite Holiday Creations that inspired a bit of mine.  (To leave a comment, thoughts, suggestions, or feedback - just click the title to this post & scroll to the bottom)

Dylusions Ornament – Configuration Style: (Crushed Grape, Bubblegum Pink, Vibrant Turquoise Dylusions sprays, Tim Holtz – Configurations, Ideo-ology Findings, Tinsel, & Woodland, Claudine Hellmuth – Sticky Back ATC Canvas)

Top: Color Ready Ribbon, Tinsel, Broken knob, & Fabric Glue

Dylusions Ornament Top

Inspiration Emporium “Joyful Creations” Challenge Submission: (Click the Photo to Join the Challenge!")

Dylusions Ornament Inspiration Emporium "Joyful Creations" Challenge

Dylusions Ornament Right AngleDylusions Ornament Left Angle 

Edited FB Cover “Ornamental Dylusional Christmas”

Dylusions Ornament Banner 

Instead of mass producing Christmas Cards this year I wanted to make one single card for each recipient that is a quality handmade card with a small ornament to hang on their tree from the Candy Studio. I thought it would be a Fantabulous way of using these treats & also play around with various techniques along the way. I’m so excited to share each of them in posts leading up to Christmas, Yay! (Doing the Happy Dance) I will also be including one of my treasures in the give-away from my blog post “One BRAVE Evening” isn’t this just exciting!?!

These were also inspired by our CC101 Continued Journey Challenge this month for “Vintage” and/or “Christmas” creation.  This Christmas Card with “Twinchie” ornaments was created using a multitude of different techniques & products.  I was just playing around with different things I received as gifts from Heidi Swap, Inspiration Emporium, Tim Holtz, StudioL3, Ellen Hutson, & Ribbon Carousel.  First I want to say that I love masking!  It is a FUN technique & the trees are not a stamp.  It is actually a 6x6 cardinal thin chipboard set that I punched the pieces out & used the reverse of the inside to spray Heidi Swaps ‘Chartreuse’ Color Shine.  (Love the glimmer effect, just blingy to me!) I also used Tim Holtz Coordinations Distress paper, Paper Stash “Holiday’s Past” & my FAV Glassine, to cover the “Twinchie” ornaments along with some fragments, findings, & glossy accents.  

Close Up Christmas Card 

Christmas Card:

Christmas Card #1

Christmas Card Back:

Back of Christmas Card & Ornament

Christmas Card & Ornament Set #1:

Christmas Card "Twinchie Ornaments"

I also found myself playing a bit with backgrounds because I plan on making a few of these gorgeously quick Star ornaments that Dyan Reavely shared a video about that you can do in 5 minutes!  Yes that’s right 5 minutes.  Can you imagine them all over your home?  I mean I can get totally Dylusionally Ornamental & that will be my next post!  (Click The Photo For the Video, It’s pretty Hilarious!)

Star Ornament Video Tutorial Dyan Reavely

Reverse Image “I love not having to waste a single drop of ink with my craft sheet!”:

Reverse Image Dylusions Star Background

I want to thank each of you for your outpour of support & response in my last posting.  It’s not always easy to put yourself out there but it did free my spirit enough to find my muse & just have FUN creating!  Of course I had quite a bit of inspirational help from some Fantabulously heARTistic Friends along the way….so without further ado…”Blogworthy Eye Candy”:

1.  The Gentlemen Crafter “The Joyful Jetting Santa”

2.  StudioL3“Updated Tim Holtz Configurations Holiday House”

3. Annette’s Creative Journey - “The House That Annette Built”

4. Trash To Treasure – “White & Gold Christmas”

5. The Little Shabby Shed – “Dylusions Cuff”

6. Inky Obsessions – “My Favorite Art Journal – Dylusions”

7. Tim Holtz“12 Tags of 2012 – December”

8. Dylan’s Blog“Catch Up At The Studio”

Wowza…those are some seriously creative inspiration flowing through these talented hands.  I hope you have some time to take a gander at those who are inspiring me this Holiday Season!  From different uses of Configurations, Canvas, Sticky Back, to Tags, Cards, & Backgrounds…there is plenty of Eye Candy to rave over.  I’m experiencing Holiday Cheer this year & can’t help but spread it about.  Remember to enter the Candy Give-Away for a personal set of these handmade treasures along with the “Wear Your Words” bracelet from the “One BRAVE Evening” post.  Thanks for Stamping By…(To leave a comment, thoughts, suggestions, or feedback - just click the title to this post & scroll to the bottom)

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I just love the purple and blue ornament, that is my best! I have a tree set and a configurations box still in their wrappers, cos I am scared to start with them. They are so pricy that I want what I do with them to be perfect...what a mojo killer! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Ornament and how brave of you to start playing with ink on the tree. I am with Bella....I have not taken mine out of its packet as I don't want to mess it up! They are pricey but I know when I see the right project I will go with it. I am kinda traditional with trees - they are only green!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. “Dylusionsenal Syndrome” LOVE IT!!! the colors are perfectly whimsical!! thank you for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that little whisical, colorful tree in a box! It made me smile!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for sharing your heARTfelt Thoughts!