Thursday, November 1, 2012

Dylusional over Dylusions Canvas heARTistry…

Howdy Candies…I hope that all that sugary gooodness didn’t fill you up this past Halloween Eve!  I’m truly feeling a bitty of sugar love from some Canvas heART I’ve learned how to create lately & just wanted to share a bitty about what I put into these precious treasures. 

Today I want to share with you more about a medium that I’ve come to just adore & love when combining my new Brave Girl’s Art School journey with the base mediums in using Canvas.  Dylusions ink Sprays are a water-based medium that reacts to water, then lends itself to an incredible effect of dimension & awesome appearance of texture.  The colours are very vibrant & makes for fabulous eye Candy whether your into journaling, creating scrapbook pages, cards, mixed media, & more.  Dyan Reaveley is one of the incredible Designers and Educators over at Ranger Inc..  She is known best for her eclectic style of creating heARTistry & has her very own line of Dylusions Sprays Inks, Stencils, & Stamps. 

Whilst in the learning process of my new art class I became stumped because I love my Dylusions “Creative Art Journal” so much, that I wanted to figure out a way to transfer that over to canvas so that I can start framing what I do & put them on the walls in my home & studio to inspire my Family & Friends.  I found this really cool stuff that allows me to do just that, it’s called Krylon Workable Fixatif.  #1306

What this nifty can of spray does is allows me to create a base background from my Favorite Dylusion Spray colours & then spray over the top of it (letting it dry, dry, dry! – So very important to have patience), once it is dry, I can go back and use my other mediums of Distress Inks (water based medium too) and layer over the top in places I wouldn’t of thought before.  Then when I let that dry completely, I spray Krylon over that.  Let it dry, then continue adding layers of my other mediums from little trinkets by Tim Holtz ideo-ology, Paper & Fabric pieces from my Close To My Heart mediums and even stamp with permanent inks…I mean the possibilities are endless!  So without further ado…Photos: (To leave a comment, thoughts, suggestions, or feedback - just click the title to this post & scroll to the bottom)

Dylusional over Dylusions Canvas heARTistry Backgrounds 8”x10” & 11”x14”:

Dylusions 8x10 Canvas Background

11” x 14” Dylusions Canvas:

Dylusions 11x14 Canvas Background

Here are some other background Tags mixing Dylusions & Distress Stains:

Distress Re-Inker Mini MisterDylusions, Metallic Distress, EmbossDylusions with Metallic Distress StainsDylusions Stencils & Stamps

I’m going to love building on these backgrounds & you will be surprised at what I have in store…As mixing base medium products I can still maintain the integrity of the backgrounds since they are truly delicious to look at.  I can’t thank the Brave Girl’s and my Awesome ‘Chemists’ for their offered suggestions in experimenting with these techniques enough!  You all are inspiring me on my journey one step at a time. 

So now that I’ve shared why I’m totally Dylusional over Dylusions Canvas backgrounds…we have a winner to announce from the last post for a set of Tim Holtz Summer Seasonal Distress Pallet. (Disclosure, they are now apart of the permanent line! WaHoo Happy Dance…) 

November12012CandyWinner

Drum Roll….The WINNER IS: MIRIAM PRANTNER!!! Congrats Miriam, please submit your information so we can get your Yummy colours out to you.

Thank you so much for being apart of this journey with me, no words can express my gratitude for all of your generous support.  Keep your eyes pealed to the Candy Blog as I will have another Blog Candy give-away when I post my finished pieces from the canvas backgrounds I’ve posted here.  Thanks for Stamping By… (To leave a comment, thoughts, suggestions, or feedback - just click the title to this post & scroll to the bottom)

7 comments:

  1. I totally love your canvas!! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! Thanks so much! I can't wait to get them and start playing with them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have soooo inspired me! I just bought my first 2 bottles of Dylusions sprays yesterday and I have a bunch of canvases sitting here just waiting for me to spill upon them!!!!! Thanks for sharing your heartistry!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are looking Great!!! Love the colors!! I love Krylon Workable Fixative. I've been using it for years!! ...like 15 or so and it can't be beat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous canvas and tags here Honey. Off to NEC next week and planning on treating myself to some of these. Which ones is the difficult question!
    TFS
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing! What incredible colors! I also love, love love the tags! Yahoooo! Thanks so much for sharing!

    :)
    Jim

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for sharing your heARTfelt Thoughts!