Thursday, November 29, 2012

Candy Curiosity

Howdy Candies…I’m not a very good bloggy blog attender as of late & I do realize how long in between my posts that I’ve taken through these fall months.  I know there is something about getting caught up in all the heARTistry that’s had me a bitty pre-occupied.  I’ve truly been blessed on my personal creative journey lately that I’m thinking my Curiosity in dabbling in mediums is gotten Candy Curious for certain.  I have so much to share and I’m working on a re-vamping of sorts with some really big changing news to share very soon.  As always keep reading more to find out where this is going…(smiles): So without Further Ado…Candy Curiosity Works: (To leave a comment, thoughts, suggestions, or feedback - just click the title to this post & scroll to the bottom)

Dylusions Art Journal Pages: (I started venturing into this wonderful & inexpensive therapy that is truly soothing to my soul.)

Let’s start off with a bit of Holiday Cheer…These were inspired by taking a journey following along with Dyan Reavely’s Video Tutorial – This is my rendition that led to a personal invite into the world of talented AJ (Art Journaling) “Dyan Reaveley’s Society of Art Journaling”.  I enjoyed them sooo much!  (Tip: if you do not want your pages to have blended color in them you can purchase micro glaze to seal them)

Christmas Journal Pages

Christmas Tree Holly  Christmas Ornaments

Pages Inspired by the 2012 Elections & Love of America “Heartbeat of America”

"Heartbeat of America"

Lead Page “Reflections Inside My Heart”: I loved the new Tim Holtz mirrored sheets so much I had to incorporate them into this page

Close Up "Reflections Inside My Heart"

The tag at the top flips open to hidden journaling. (Love ranger collage glue)

ReflectionsInsideMyHeartAJ

Remember the canvases from my last post?  Well…they didn’t have any added glitz or pieces since I loved the backgrounds so much my Darling Husband decided to Frame them for our Home Studio!  So on a trip to Michaels he found the perfect frames that are metallic and actually fit what it is that I wanted to have on my walls.  (I’m working on the Hot Pink 8x10 to share soon) Now my 11x14 was intended to be flipped the other way but my Mumma’s interpretation along with tons of feedback brought this gem to life “Live in Colour”.  The Frames are from the Brights collection & range from $24.99 – $9.99 or 60% of with coupon in this case.

Dylusion Canvas 11x14 "Live In Colour"  Dylusions 8x10 Canvas

I still have tons more heARTistry to share but wanted to break from these delicious colours to share that after spending many hours on these creations my DH took us on a much needed break with one another on an overnight.  I know that I’ve posted before about one of my FAVORITE get-aways over here on the west coast of the U.S. but let me tell you, if you ever get a chance to travel out this way The Anniversary Inn has 3 locations and each of them are unique and Fabulous in their own way.  So here are some photos taken from the Boise - “Fire & Ice” location.  (Click the link to book you getaway: Boise, ID. – Logan, UT – Salt Lake City, UT)

Boise Anniversary Inn "Fire & Ice"Welcome to RomanceAnother ViewCozy CoveHomade Breakfast

Wasn’t that just the sweetest surprise!  The thing is we have a special buy back get-away and members rewards.  That helped tremendously!!!  Now…back to Candy Curiosity.  Dabbling around with some Dylusions, Distress Stains, Crackle Paint, Flower Soft, & Color Ready Ribbon, this made for a wonderful gift for one of Creatique Candy FB “Holiday Dylusions Stencil Give-Away” Plus of course I threw in some “Altered Metal” bracelet I created just for the winner too.  I hope she enjoys all her goodies as I don’t always just give-away what the posted prize is.  I love surprises & honestly, who doesn’t?  

CUXMasTagGift XMasTagGift DylusionsStencil Gift

On Thanksgiving I also decided that I would dabble a bitty in a past time Favorite since it was posted & provided by the Tip Junkie…"Paper Dolls”!  I mean really, who doesn’t enjoy playing with paper.  If your reading then I know You do!  This was a project, though it didn’t have to be but I wanted to put in my own rendition into it so that my darling Daughter would actually play with me.  I don’t think I will ever totally escape my love for past times since I adore the old fashioned way of ‘playing’. 

When I was growing up we didn’t have all this technology to engage in and my Mumma an avid reader in her own right, insisted on Books, Books, Books.  To this day when I visit home her stairwell is filled from floor to ceiling with Books & now she owns a kindle but still buys the paper back versions (lol).  I’m thankful that I could pass this tradition of reading a book in our hands as every single one of my children are avid readers (It’s in the genes I tell ya!)  You can click on the PaperDoll rendition to print your own copy.  I used CTMH white daisy cardstock for mine, gelly glaze black & white pens, liquid pearls, & enamel accents for dimension.  It’s FUN I promise!

Modified Paper Dolls & Clothes Modified Paper Doll & Curio Modified Paper Doll Clothes

This truly is a very long post & I have more to share but it truly does deserve it’s own posting all in itself.  I will be working on that posting here very shortly so whilst I’ve been away for a couple of weeks I’m really looking forward to sharing twice in one day, with the next one having a Give-Away! 

There is one other thing to finish off this post that I wanted to share that I know my CTMH Sisters will adore and I sure hope that YOU find yourself thinking whole-heartedly in joining in with me.  It’s no surprise when you look back on my blog posts about Creative University how much these last four years have meant to me in going to this Fantabulous Retreat!  So if you see this photo again it’s because it will be apart of explaining a bit on my next post. 

This IS officially the last year that Creative University Retreat of Relaxation, Inspiration, & Education will be held.  So it’s going to be extra special!  I’m also the “Twinchie Swap Mistress” which is a wonderful piece of heARTistry that I will be working on over the next few days.  (watch for an upcoming post).  Mz. Fabulously Artsy herself has also added to our curriculum this year a monthly LIVE Create-n-Take to add to all the excitement leading up to the official event that will start on Valentines Day!  How incredible is that?  I mean it is one of my all-time Favorite Holidays of the year and what a better way to spend it, then with those I love & owe this last years journey of loving heARTistry too…Here is the gorgeous November 2012 Create-n-Take we did just a couple of nights ago.  Don’t miss out…if your interested in joining us all the details along with 6 incredible reasons for coming will be linked into this photo!  (click photo to read more & Join in CU 2013!)

Creative University 2013 November 2012 Create-n-Take

HUGS & Thank You all so much for enduring my looooooong posts.  Again as stated from the start Candy Studio is got some huge re-construction & changes coming up so you will want to continue to Stay Tuned…Thanks for Stamping By! (To leave a comment, thoughts, suggestions, or feedback - just click the title to this post & scroll to the bottom)

1 comment:

  1. You've been away, but you've been BUSY! I love all the fun things you've been doing. I just love the boldness and the message behind the heartbeat of america page in your journal, and what a GREAT hubby!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for sharing your heARTfelt Thoughts!