Monday, July 2, 2012

Happy 4th of July – 12 Tags of 2012!

Howdy Candies…I’ve surely missed yall to bits & pieces over the last three weeks.  Summertime is arrived here in Boise & so have my unpacked Tim Holtz Ranger products…can you just see me doing the ‘Happy Dance’?  Actually it was yesterday that we finally unpacked my treasures into our new abode & created a space for me to play!  So after spending Saturday re-designing the Candy Basket I was just itching to get down to making my very first configurations for the StudioL3 challenges 11&12.  Plus I just discovered this really extraordinary site that has some phenomenal artwork called Diva’s By Design & this patriotic heARTistry actually fit this weeks Challenge 41 “Tag Your It” too.  That isn’t all…one of my Favorite places to visit online a lot & where I purchase about 90% of the supplies you see here is hosting a “Red, White, & Blue” challenge all at the Inspiration Journal. Of course this is Monday & I got a bitty side-tracked over the NEW Technique Tim taught for July’s Tag for the 12 Tags of 2012 series. 

Wow oh Wow oh Wow…Are there any other words for it?  I mean I LOVED taking his Creative Chemistry online course where he introduced us to using ranger Adirondack alcohol inks but this technique he demonstrates on his blog posted today, just knocked me right off my craft chair!  For someone who is absolutely addicted to creating I just couldn’t wait to get my hands inky…& I’m an avid lover of the 4th of July spectacular fireworks, bbcue’s, & celebrations.  It’s one of the Holiday’s I miss the most around my Family in South Dakota to be honest.  It was really cool because I couldn’t wait to skype with my Mumma this morning & show her my rendition of July’s Tag for 2012 & I even got to hear my Dad pickin’ me a song he wrote just the other day while I was doing my tag…how Awesome is that!?  Well I won’t continue to leave you in suspense any longer since it’s been quite sometime since I’ve wrote to you so here it is in Honor of our Freedom & Independence Celebration Happy 4th Everyone: (To leave a comment, thoughts, suggestions, or feedback - just click the title to this post & scroll to the bottom)

  12 Tags of 2012 July Creatique Candy Rendition:

(Click the Photo To Join in the Month Long “Red, White” & Blue” Challenge over at Inspiration Emporium’s “Inspiration Journal”)

Challenges: Inspiration Journal, 12Tags2012, DivasbyDesign "Tag You're It"

Happy 4th of July!!! Never forget the Freedoms bestowed upon us & those who continue to fight in honor of them, This is for YOU!: (Join in 12 Tags of 2012 with your own rendition by clicking on the Photo.)

12Tags2012July 

I Loved this saying on the idea-ology word band because it expresses that Life truly is about creating ourselves & after all isn’t that we fought to do in gaining our Independence?  I’m truly thankful for that document written July 4, 1776 the “Declaration of Independence”, not only have I had the honor to view it in person but today I proudly share what it means to me.  Beyond these mountains an Eagle soars, FREE to choose where it lands & upon my generations gift before me who watched as time passed, in keeping with the spirit of 76’ I was given the Freedom to create & share this with you.  Thanks for Stamping By…

(Click the photo to Join in Divas By Design Weekly Challenge #41 “Tag Your It”)

Divas By Design

8 comments:

  1. I love your take on Tim's tag and the meaning behind it for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tag and wonderful thoughts of how lucky we are in this country!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it Nichole - hope you have a fab holiday!!! xxxxhugzxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab colours so vibrant, must go and watch Tim x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That bow is AMAZING I so want to learn how to do one. Your Tag is wondeful and vibrant as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous tag! I love the effects you got with your Alcohol Inks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must get some of your ribbon. Beautiful as ever.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for sharing your heARTfelt Thoughts!