Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Art Journal Journey

Howdy Candy's!  Have you seen it yet?  Dina Wakely's brand new book..."Art Journal Courage", it has become one of my go-to's for learning more on how to have courage on my own heARTistry journal journey.  If you haven't, I highly recommend checking it out. 
Confession...Bare with me as I finally embrace owning my space hither.  Whilst I've had this lovely blog for many years, I'm not very consistent in posting or sharing over the last couple for many reasons, which for me & the 'real world', that's alright.  However, for those of you who have dedicated to following me, I feel it's time to write this out.

I Love creating heARTistry!  I've spent years making all sorts of crafty goodness, from handmade cards, gifts, and home decor to painting and now working with mixed media using all sorts of mediums.  It's no surprise that as an Artists, I've found that I tend to go through phases.  I've found myself in the past trying to find a way to identify my own personal style.  That very 'thing' that when someone sees it, they see me!  However, in all honesty...I'm going to admit that the search within, for that very 'thing' that defines me is over.  


I'm so over the endless search of finding my personal style & while that may seem contrary to posts past...it's so very true!  I realize that I have no specific style, I create to create because I enjoy doing it.  Art soothes my soul, gives me a place to go that is my personal safe haven.   Why in the world would I want to try to define that!?!  If I see it, I teach myself or learn to just do it!  I also use to be so afraid of posting to my bloggy blog because I was worried about what others see, how I would be perceived, giving plugs to everyone else but denying my own credibility.  I don't think that it's beneficial to anyone including myself that I'm not sharing what I create or writing anymore.  
Currently I have several different heARTistry journey journals in progress.  The first two pieces of heART mixed media pages, are from Dina Wakely's new book.  The rest are just me playing around with Dyan Reeveley's new Christmas sets.  I just want to share at this point what's on my creative mind.  I'm still in progress on my 'Portrait' page, however, it's a lot of FUN learning techniques and certainly how to mix paint to create a flesh tone with (which I'm still processing) Dina's vibrant paints.  One thing I've learned is that Gesso is not the same for each medium & it is like underwear for acrylic paint.  

Enjoy!
HUGS
xoxo









Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for sharing your heARTfelt Thoughts!