Thursday, September 6, 2012

September 12 Tags of 2012

Howdy Candies…Wow, it’s been a whole month since I last wrote to you!  Where has the time flown by?  Well here at the Candy Studio I’ve been slightly under the weather after returning from our vacation back home to visit Family, Friends & Celebrate my In-Laws 50th Anniversary.  So much has happened in the last month that well I’m going to save the goodies, story, & photos for another day…so keep reading to find out how the Candy Studio Summer went. 

There is a lot to share, so much to celebrate, & a big announcement that I’m going to be blogging about this weekend first.  However, due to some much needed quality creative time that I got to have all by my self in my lil’ ol Studio today I thought I really do need to share this piece of heARTistry.  I was totally inspired by Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2012 September Tag…”Riveted Patchwork” or at least my rendition of it.  It kinda has a lil message in there that sums up my thoughts for today.  I just adore Tim’s stamps to bits & pieces & this is why; “Life is what happens to you while we are making other plans”… Profound right?  If only I even knew where to begin.  Sometimes things just happen because…well, they just do! 

I fell in love with this technique & this particular tag because it enlightened me and allowed me to step outside of the box & use products in a way that I hadn’t done yet before or at least shared.  For instance…I used Pitch Black – Ranger Dabber Acrylic paint to stamp on Claudine Hellmuth sticky back canvas, used Dylusions Sprays on the canvas & the Kraft Resist dictionary paper (which was really oober cool to do) & I used burlap with a rustic approach with Fall in my brain when using the colors I had on hand.  This month we get the pleasure of using Adirondack alcohol inks, which I have to say is one of my favorite base mediums to use especially on metals.  Of course I’m limited to a very small pool of colors…so I used Espresso, Ginger, Latte, & Cranberry with Gold Mixative to create my layered base prior to burnishing.  All of the idea-ology elements you see were chosen specifically to match the entire ‘metal’ base pallet.  I can’t begin to tell you how much I enjoyed this Steampunkish heART.  I hope you enjoy the photos too.  Thanks for Stamping By…Stay Tuned!

(To leave a comment, thoughts, suggestions, or feedback - just click the title to this post & scroll to the bottom)

September Submission 12 Tags of 2012:

September 12 Tags of 2012 Submission

Adirondack Alcohol Inks: Espresso, Latte, Ginger, Cranberry, & Gold Mixative

12-Tags-Sept-Background

The Base after Burnished Result:

12-Tags-Sept-Burnished

Close Up of the Top Elements In The Tag:

12-Tags-Sept-CUTop

Close Up of the Canvas using Dylusions Spray’s: Melted Chocolate, Pure Sunshine, & Squeezed Orange, Distress Ink Aged Mohaganny; Dylusions Stencil mini-numbers over the mini Claudine Hellmuth canvas stamped with Pitch-Black Acrylic Paint Dabber.

12-Tags-Sept-CUCanvas

A Soft Focus Visual of my piece of heARTistry:

12-Tags-Sept-SoftFocus

Here is me outside of Dempsy’s in South Dakota & I truly believe that you should “Never Forget to Smell The Flowers”:

Dempsy'sSD

Here is A Rare Photo Op of Our Family Together – (Missing are our Children Miriah, Kadra, & Devon)

Family Trip SD

Some Candid Shots of Us Together:

My BoyMy Darling Husband & Daughter

4 comments:

  1. Great tag! Love the way it came out, nice details there. I agree, dont forget to smell the flowers, It make me very happy. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tag!! I love the canvas piece--that is one awesome embellishment!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a wonderful job on your tag. I love the color of your faux metal.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for sharing your heARTfelt Thoughts!