Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Custom Home Décor Wood Letters Using Art Philosophy & “Dreamin”

I’m an avid lover of Home Décor! There is a little story behind this incredible HOME mantel custom made letter set.  I used to craft at a local store for a couple of years until I became CTMH exclusive. Each month I would continue to receive newsletters from them about upcoming classes.  The instructors there are very talented and it is actually through one of their local classes that I met my upline Kim McCall, when I ran out of adhesive and she was willing to share her bonding memories glue.

Well it was back in 2009 when one of the eye-popping photos caught my eye that I came across this AMAZINGLY talented Instructor Nicole Cornaby.  What made her art unique to me is that it was unlike anything I’ve ever seen in the industry.  She can take a sketch of just about anything that comes to mind and create it out of wood!  How talented is that?  Well suffice to say I quickly became addicted to her wonderful wood creations.

In fact while I was cleaning out my craftroom finding odds and ends or projects that I started and didn’t finish & I found this lovely ensemble that I bought as a kit from her.  I then went to search for the photo on every computer I own so that I knew how to re-create the original.  I was unsuccessful in doing so…so I did the first thing that came to mind & used my exclusive CTMH products; “Dreamin” paperpack and my Art Philosophy cartridge to add the finishing touches for the flowers embellishments.  I LOVED how it turned out so much that I turned to my google to search for her and figure out how to get my hands on some more of her creative wood art.  I was amazed at what I found!  I’m happy to announce that Nicole now owns her own business with her sister and my oh my do they have some goodies to share and tons of creative talent.  Just click on the HOME photo to go directly to Sweet Pickle Designs blog, Click on the HOUSE photo to go to the Crafty Sisters blog.  You can also special order your very own custom designed wood art too via their Etsy shop.  HomeDecorCustomThis is the HOME handmade wood letters kit original base design by Nicole Cornaby – Sweet Pickle Designs. (Click the Pic to go directly to her site)HomeDecorCustomHThis is the H…I used our bulk Chocolate stripped Grosgrain Ribbon Item #Z1617 & the red buttons that came with the kit.HomeDecorOHouseHomeDecorCustomWindowThis is the HOUSE that replaces the O in Home…There were several pieces used in this one.  The door knob & smoke swirls were from the original kit. Since the smoke swirls were in a green color I was able to match them to our exclusive CTMH color “PEAR” hence the door and the flower to add the x3 visual element to match. (Click the Pic to go directly to Crafty Sisters)HomeDecorCustomMThis is the M…After working with the Dreamin paper I adore this pattern and it POPS just right.  I also used our Blue Green Sparkles & Pearl Opaque Adhesive Gems to add to the middle of the flowers I created using our exclusive CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge. HomeDecorCustomEHere is the E… It was fun to cluster the flowers and each flower is different.  Thanks to the Art Philosophy cartridge I had these made in 10 minutes.

Though I have never met Nicole in person, She is an amazingly talented Wood Lady!  I’m so proud of her endeavor into owning her own business and highly recommend purchasing any custom wood art your looking for through her.  Take a gander at how she takes sketches of an idea and turns them into woods of art! 
On another note: I want to apologize for how long it’s taken me to get a post up since the end of the Linky party Sharing Your Art Inspiration.  The Winner for October 15th is #2 Michelle.  Please contact me via e-mail to send your address for the discontinued exclusive Heart of Winter package “Serendipity”.  Stay tuned for another linky party to share your Art Inspiration for another Blogtoberfest Creatique Blog Candy give-away!  Thanks for stamping by…

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. This is very good idea to decorete hom with Wood Letters Using Art Philosophy & “Dreamin”.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for sharing your heARTfelt Thoughts!